May 7, 2015 by Racheltd
Thank you so much to all who attended! Over 40 people attended our first ever public conference and we so appreciate your participation in this unique event. We came away with new ideas, new friends, and many additions to our “to read” lists. There were so many wonderful resources we had to make a list. It is below. If you’d like to purchase some of the books mentioned at the event or listed below, you can visit the Libertia Society Amazon store where you will find links to these as well as other texts.
If you are curious about the event and would like to learn more about the speakers or schedule feel free to head over to the event page.
Suggestions from & inspired by sessions
- David Skarbek’s The Social Order of the Underworld: How Prison Gangs Govern the American Penal System
- EconTalk Podcast with David Skarbek on his book\
- Michael D. Stroup in the Economic Freedom of the World: 2011 Annual Report: Does Economic Freedom Promote Women’s Well-being?
- Edward McCaffrey’s Taxing Women
- Stephanie Coontz’s The Way We Really Are: Coming To Terms With America’s Changing Families
- Mimi Gladstein’s Feminist Interpretations of Ayn Rand
- Mimi Gladstein’s The New Ayn Rand Companion, Revised and Expanded Edition
- John Blundell’s Ladies for Liberty
- Tracy Lawson’s Counteract (Resistance Series, Book 1)
- Megan McCafferty’s Bumped
- Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale
Seminar: Isabel Paterson’s “The Humanitarian with the Guillotine”
- Isabel Paterson’s The God of the Machine
- Stephen Cox’s Culture & Liberty: Writings of Isabel Paterson